TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
1. The Hirer will use the premises during the agreed Hire Period for the stated purpose of hiring.
2. The Hirer will be responsible for supervision of the Premises, all fixtures and fittings contained therein, their care, their safety from damage and the behaviour of persons using the Premises including supervision of the car parking The hirer is responsible for insuring their own personal effects.
3. Bookings are secured by the payment of a deposit of £50.00 against damage or loss to fixtures and fittings. Deposits are refunded within 14 days after the Period of Hire has expired subject to a satisfactory inspection. If the Premises or any part are left unfit to hire, the committee reserve the right to impose an appropriate charge over the deposit to cover the costs of reinstatement or repair.
4. The Hirer shall notify the Management Committee of all breakages of glass, crockery or utensils. Glass in particular should be carefully disposed of for the safety of other users. All breakages must be paid for
5. The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than described in the Hiring Agreement or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose nor do anything or bring anything on to the premises, which may endanger or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof. The maximum amount of people the building can accommodate is 85 seated and 120 standing.
6. The Hirer must comply with the Childrens Act 1989 by seeing that only fit and proper persons have access to children.
7. The Hirer is responsible for obtaining such licences for the sale of alcohol. (See local Authority Website). A copy of the licence must be given to the bookings secretary.
8. It is the responsibility of the hirer to obtain the necessary licence covering regulated entertainment. (See local Authority Website). A copy of the licence must be given to the bookings secretary.
9. The Hirer shall ensure nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting or lotteries.
10. The Hirer shall ensure that he/she is aware of the location and proper operation of fire fighting equipment, appropriate escape routes and the location of fire exits and the need to keep them clear.
11. The committee does not provide first aid cover. A standard first aid kit is kept in the kitchen.
12. The Hirer or sub contractor (if applicable) shall, if preparing, serving or selling food observes all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations. Food may only be reheated and not cooked on the premises. The premises do not provide cooking utensils.
13. The premises must not be defaced. Staples, blu-tack and drawing pins are not permitted unless used on the notice boards provided.
14. No naked flames are permitted.
15. The Hirer will respect the needs and privacy of local residents keeping sound levels to an acceptable standard with external doors closed. Music is stopped by: 11pm Sunday to Thursday inclusive 11.30pm Fridays and Saturdays Guests must leave the premises quietly by midnight.
16. At the end of the Hiring period, the hirer will leave the Premises in a clean and tidy condition. All decorations removed and waste and refuse removed. Appropriate receptacles are provided. If full please use the black bin liners provided. Please take any excess waste away with you. The furniture and fittings cleaned and returned to the correct storage area. All electrical apparatus must be switched off and the dishwasher if used emptied, cleaned and switched off. All lights must be turned off, windows closed and the premises securely locked.
17. The Committee reserves the right to cancel a hiring when the hall is required as a polling station for a general, local or by-election.
18. The Committee retains the right to enter the Premises at any time during an event to ensure that Booking Conditions are being complied wit